header-photo

Wednesday, December 02, 2009

I hardly know what to say (but that never stopped me before)

I am just bursting with good energy today. BURSTING! I want to write a post and tell you all about it, but I’m having a hard time putting into words what has happened this week. I keep starting and stopping, typing and then deleting.

I think I need to stew over this one a bit – let it mellow - before I try to explain what good things have happened, and how some really challenging things have shifted into amazing possibilities.

For now, let me tell you a few things that have become more clear to me this week:
  • When I am authentic and vulnerable with people, more often than not, I will be supported in ways I couldn’t have imagined.
  • When I really trust my leadership gifts, I am capable of more than I could have dreamed.
  • When I recognize that I don’t have to do this alone, I am caught off guard by how powerful teamwork can be.
  • When I acknowledge the fear, but then go forward anyway, I surprise myself with my capacity for boldness.
  • When I slow down, value the time for contemplation and reflection, and ignore the people who would like to rush me, I am way better off in the long run.
  • When I trust my own vision and wisdom in an area I am immersed in, I am much further ahead than when I assume others have more expertise than I do.
  • When I get my ego out of the way, and let God guide me through rough waters, I don’t have to paddle so hard.
I feel a little like crying right now, but the tears would be good tears. They would be tears of relief, healing, and happiness.

2 comments:

Dovelily said...

Wow! It does sound like you've had a great week! So many great and valuable lessons learned, too! Wishing you continued blessings!

Päivi said...

I love positive life lessons, I'm glad you've had them. :) I've been having a positively educational few days too, and I'm loving it. :)